Thursday, December 15, 2011

It makes all the difference in the world!

I was told the other day I’m philosophical, that is truly hilarious…really hilarious!! Because I do not do the things I do or say the things I say to sound philosophical, but to live out an idea. That idea is I really want to make those I come into contact with better, can I do it for everyone. Of course not, but it reminds me of a story of a grandfather and his grandson walking along a long sandy beach, and on the beach was hundreds if not thousands of sand dollars. The grandfather was picking up one sand dollar here and another there, and throwing them back into the ocean. The grandson turns to the grandfather and asks, “why are you throwing the sand dollars back into the ocean grandpa?” And he responded, “well you see the sand dollars are living organisms and if left on the beach they will dry out and die.” And the grandson said in return, “there are thousands of them, what can picking up one or two and throwing them back in possibly do? Well grandpa, how can it make even the slightest difference at all.” The grandfather then picked up another one and threw it in the ocean, and said “to this one, it makes all the difference in the world.” Same thing goes for our relationships with others, for you cannot help and impact everyone; but you can help and impact an important select few. For those few, I’m going to impact them the best I can because that is just living out my true purpose in life and to them it makes all the difference in the world.